Sunday, March 10, 2013

Celebrating and Packing!

 
 













 
 

 
I can't believe it!  We are leaving for China in exactly 6 days and we will finally meet Kenan in 11 days!  Yesterday, I spent an amazing afternoon surrounded by friends: eating, laughing, talking and celebrating Kenan's almost-arrival.  I spent today getting one of our suitcases packed up and each day it is becoming more and more real that we are leaving our two oldest boys for 18 days to go and meet our youngest.  I am so nervously-anxious and so crazy-excited all at the same time!  But I know that God has gone before us and He personally knows the anticipation that an adoptive parent is filled with.  Ephesians 1:5-6 says, "He predestined us for adoption as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will, to the praise of his glorious grace, with which he has blessed us in the Beloved."  Please pray for safe travels for us and Kenan and safety for Asher and Mac while they stay with grandparents.  Please pray that Kenan will feel comforted by us and God will soothe his tears and fears as we take him away from everything he has ever known.  And please pray for the Lord to give Strider and I wisdom and peace as we begin our travels to a completely foreign world.  Thank you!!    
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Shannon! What an exciting post?! I have been living vicariously through you as Andrew has been updating me during your adoption process. wink We are thrilled for you and your family. I can't wait to hear stories and see pictures of Kenan, and all your boys together! Much love, Cyndy (and Andrew) Clendenin

    P.S. I am praying for you specifically this week, from one mother to another.
    P.S.S. We love his name! Our second child (first son), who was born into the arms of the Lord was named Kenan. It means Yahweh's possession. I hope your Kenan's heart is always Yahweh's possession!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cyndy! What a fun surprise to hear from you! And thank you for praying! I'm hoping this blog stuff will still work when we get over there! This journey is so exciting and filled with so many unknowns, but I know we are in the hands of our Father, so I'm trying to rest in that! :)

      Delete