Saturday, March 2, 2013




On October 23, 2012, our lives changed forever!  We finally got to see a picture of our little boy! We had been waiting to meet him since we began the process in December, 2011.  We weren't officially "logged-in" (which means that all of our paperwork had been completed and approved and had arrived in China) until August 27, 2012.  So, we had really only been waiting less than 2 months to be matched with our child, but it felt like an eternity to me.  So, for the day to finally arrive caught me completely off-guard!  The phone call on October 23 was so crazy, surreal, and exciting!  Strider had just gotten home from work and we were talking on the couch when my phone rang.  I looked at the caller ID and I saw it was from our agency.  I got that nervous-excited feeling before I even picked up the phone because I thought that they could be calling to say that we had been matched, but I didn't want to get my hopes up if that wasn't the reason they were calling.  Thankfully, it was the reason they were calling and Sarah Harmon, a representative of our agency, told us that she wanted to send us a picture and information about a little boy that they thought would be a good match for us.  We knew instantly that he was our boy!  But it was such a strange feeling to be staring into the eyes of my little boy, who was already 13 months old, yet I had never even met him before.  But, I thought it was neat that God chose to reveal him to us on his 13 month birthday!  I can't wait to meet our newest little man- we're praying that it will be less than a month until we finally get to hold our baby Kenan!

No comments:

Post a Comment